Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Confession Number 1

I am a Fantasy Sports Dork.

I play Fantasy Baseball. I play Fantasy Football - for cash.

I obsess over roster moves and free agent options. I click from network to network when multiple games are on in hopes of seeing one of my fantasy players earn me a point or two. I yell info to Suzanne from that handy little statline crawling across the bottom of the screen. I rail against God, Mother Nature, and the Republican Party when one of my players gets hurt. I sometimes even secretly root for one of my players when they are opposing one of the teams I support in "real life".

So far this year, I could post Confession Number 1.5 as: I suck at Fantasy Baseball. I'm in two leagues, and just sucking ass in both. Always too slow to pick up the new stud, or too quick to pick up the flavor-of-the-week just in time for his return to mediocrity. I'm currently testing the theory that, in order for the Baltimore Orioles to get a win, I must start the opposing pitcher. Seriously, the formula has worked on multiple occasions.

So why do I torture myself this way?

Maybe the fact that I won $400 in fantasy football two years ago has something to do with it.

At least the fantasy baseball is free.

.

4 comments:

WenWhit said...

Back in the day? Hmmm. I've only been playing fantasy ball for a few (four?) years. Maybe I'm a Fantasy Dork Wannabe.

WenWhit said...

lmgdao
Yer damned right I play online. It's completely realistic. *sniff*

Pisces75 said...

Fantasy Baseball does suck, and the season is too long.
Fantasy Football rocks! I am looking forward to this year. I think it will be an interesting draft. Basically 0 reliable QBs.

WenWhit said...

The season is too long? Nuh uh. As far as I'm concerned, baseball could start the week after the Superbowl. I intensely dislike those couple of months between the only two sports that truly hold my attention!