Sunday, August 05, 2007

Wannabe...

Back when I first started this blog, I struggled a bit with what to call it. I'm not sure what I intended with the Wannabe moniker at the time; wannabe a writer? Wannabe living more in the world and less in my head? Wannabe rich, successful, powerful, beautiful? Wannabe a better partner, daughter, friend, employee? Wannabe living on an island with ten dogs and no cares in the world? I don't think I had a clear concept of what I wanted. I still don't.

My wants today are still diffuse and, largely, unassuming.

I want to finish the renovations of this house.
I want the fuck out of my job.
I want my dogs to live forever.

I know, those are wants, not wannabes. For now, I'll settle for wannabe posting more often than bimonthly.

Ooh, ambition.

.

11 comments:

The Guy Who Writes This said...

I'll believe it when I see it ; )

WenWhit said...

Me too, Guy.

greymatters said...

Ambition is a good thing ... LOL.

weese said...

ok now about these renovations...where you are providing me with NO pictures.....

SassyFemme said...

You've already got the beautiful part accomplished, Wen... both inside and out.

WenWhit said...

I didn't mean to imply we'd started any new renovations yet, Weese. We're planning to do so, though. Ambition. ;p

Sassy! You're sweet. Blind and wrong, but sweet. ;p

(Thank you)

SassyFemme said...

Wen, my dear, sometimes you just need to smile and say thank you, nothing more... my vision is fine in this case. :)

Lee said...

nice wishes :) home renovations should be an ongoing work in progress...lots of time required, but pictures are required once they begin LOL

sporksforall said...

Wannabe posting more often would be a nice thing for all. The other goals seemed good, too. Especially the achievable ones like immortal dogs.

sporksforall said...

Much of good advice here, so I won't blather on. Good for you for making this step, though.

One step at a time reminds me of one day at a time which reminds me of Mackenzie Phillips who is the daughter of one of the Mamas and the Papas, another of whom was Mama Cass, who didn't like her job all that much either. So, not to make light of your job sitch, or Mama Cass' untimely end, but get your résumé out there—and avoid ham sandwiches while doing so. :)

Unknown said...

Wannabe..seems ever-changing and full of opportunity. So many things you can be/do/see under that title.