Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Five Oddities

Deb over at Life as a Parent "tagged" me to write about "5 weird things/habits" of mine. I consented to participate, but I'm breaking the rules and am not tagging five others. If you want to play, either here or on your own blog, feel free.
  1. I often eat foods I don't like (cooked carrots, for example) because I have a weird compulsion not to "waste" food. Or money. And because they're supposed to be good for me.

  2. I love all things small. Small equates to "neat" and "cute" in my world.

  3. I put salt on many, many foods, including apples, watermelon, pears, canteloupe, salad... oh, hell, the list of what I don't salt is shorter: ice cream, beer (and other alcoholic beverages,) bacon, and some fruits like cherries, nectarines, blueberries, and peaches.

  4. I tend to mislead people regarding my age. Unlike most folks, though, I imply that I am older than I actually am.

  5. I have a very slight curvature of my spine that results in shoulder/neck pain and greater "wear" on my left foot and footwear.
Now you know: I'm a hunchbacked, salt-eating, small-liking, icky-food-eating liar.

.

10 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Oh, I remember salt on watermelon!
But alas, no more free flowing salt for me.
5 things:
1. sleep with glasses on.
2. can't stand to see anything upside down, inside out-must be righted immediately.
3. oh, it's too late, must (try) to sleep...I'll get back to you.

Suzanne said...

I feel I am personally responsible for number 4. This knowledge weighs heavily on my conscience.

WenWhit said...

Nah, darlin, not just you. :)

EB, my BP has been consistently low my entire life. Go figure. Thank you for the PSA, though - I'm sure it will catch up with me one day and I will cease enjoying food as I currently know it.

tiff said...

5 weird things about me?
1) I have to have things perpendicular and parallel to one another on my desk at the end of the day.
2) I count steps, and my steps to get places in groups of 8
3) I still bite my fingernails, but not to a bloody stumpy anymore.
4) I investigate my boogers after I've blown my nose...(sorry about that one). I'm like a 90-year-old man in this regard.
5) I've never kissed a girl, other than my family members. In this regard I am UNLIKE a 90-year-old man.

weese said...

I love both your ages. You are, collectively, timeless.

and from a saftey standpoint - i think sleeping with glasses on is more dangerous than adding salt to your fruit.

cocktails anyone?

sporksforall said...

Were you to embrace the brilliance that is Crocs, you could simply switch the right one for the left one sometimes to even out the wear.

Middle Girl said...

I agree about the sleeping with glasses--hasn't presented any problems yet, still, a habit I'm trying to break.
3. tend to spout worse case scenario-kids think I'm trying to jinx them.
4. own only one purse-an embarrassment to daughter, the Imelda Marcos of handbags.
5. holding on to a bowling ball I haven't used in 20 years and have absolutely no intention of ever using again.

Teresa said...

My comment, posted while in S.C., seems to have vanished. Hmph! Since I hate to repeat myself, I'll say something completely different:

As a salt aficionado, do you find yourself at all drawn to the current trend toward regional and gourmet salts? Would you care for some freshly ground Hawaiian Red Alaea sea salt on your canteloupe, madam?

tiff said...

Gee Eb, thanks a bunch. :>

WenWhit said...

It's Birthday Day, Biotch. Deal with it.