Sunday, October 15, 2006

Falling... or Not

Oh, the joys of Autumn: brisk days of bright sunlight and beautiful blue skies, evenings turning cold enough to permit me to indulge my pyromaniacal tendencies, and beautiful fall foliage... until it all falls. I wonder if I'm the only one that starts the damned raking season by raking the roof?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's another shot of the pile of pine needles. Why yes, yes those are the twin sheds that can be seen in the background. Magnificent, aren't they? And so soundly constructed!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The raking of the shingles was only the precursor to clearing the gutters, of course.

Yes, Weese, I know - there are trees yet to be trimmed and grass yet to be grown. It's a process, mmkay?

No, Sporks and Scout, I was NOT (yet) drinking when I went on the roof.

No, Syd, I did not throw crap from the gutters at the neighbor's cat - or Suzanne.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us












See the chimney?

Of course you do. Look closely, though... do you see it?


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us






This weed, at least, was taken care of.













.

10 comments:

SassyFemme said...

No need to rake the roof, but we had pine needle hell in our driveway, with about 2 inches worth of them in places.

chapin said...

OMG...thank you for raking the roof. Suzanne told me I could come rake leaves when I'm in your area in a few weeks. I had no idea this included getting up on the roof.

Unknown said...

busy day for y'all!! Wanna come up and help me with my yard now?? It stopped snowing!!

Suzanne said...

Some of that gutter crap did land alarmingly close to where I was working below...

Syd said...

God, you TOTALLY busted me. I was already wondering who got shit dropped on 'em. LOL

Middle Girl said...

I came home today to find the front yard full of leaves, newspapers, food wrappers and other assorted trash. I'm going to put a happy spin on and think that this all just happened today-and the front hasn't been looking like a garbage dump for the last 5 days.
I could have used some of your spirit around here.

sporksforall said...

Drinking and roofs don't mix. So, good girl for waiting.

We don't have to do chores when we come, do we? Seems like chapin has to...

weese said...

welp, you got me on that one.

KMae said...

You are BRAVE!!!!

Teresa said...

Oh, good Christ, every time I read your or your wife's blog I find out just one more way in which I'm failing in the upkeep of my home. Sporks, we need a taller ladder!