Friday, October 06, 2006

Time for a Meme*

*Subtitle: 'cause I love music.

That's right, I'm too lazy uninspired tired to write original text, so I swiped a meme from SassyFemme.

Here are the rules: List seven songs you are in to right now. No matter what the genre, whether or not they have words, or even if they're not any good... they must be songs you're really enjoying now. Post these instructions on your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they're listening to.

"Crazy On You", live recording by Heart. The Road Home was a cd I once owned but was a casualty of my previous relationship. Now that I've re-obtained it through Amazon.com, I've been playing the hell out of it. Ann Wilson can belt.

"Fuck was I", Jenny Owen Youngs. Discovered via Occasional Bitch, the song immediately became a new old favorite of mine.

"Orinoco Flow", by Enya. I love this song and play it often as a "pick me up". Yeah, Enya. Shut up.

"Tear in your Hand", by Tori Amos. If you don't know Tori, or Little Earthquakes, you're missing out.

"The Logical Song", by Supertramp. Always a favorite, and particularly meaningful when responsibilities are such a burden.

"What the What is Ladylike", by Storm Large. I didn't have to watch Rock Star: Supernova because Sporks kept me in the loop. Whatever on Fire, indeed!

"Because of You", by Kelly Clarkson. Yes, I'll cop to this one, too. I own, and enjoy, her music. This song in particular. And not just because I'm a sap for a good ballad.

I'm not going to "tag" anyone... if you want to do it, do it. :)

.

4 comments:

Syd said...

I dig your music. (except for Enya)

Storm's song rocks, doesn't it? You should see her perform it. I think it's on YouTube. H-O-T.

WenWhit said...

I've seen the YouTube performance one or two (hundred) times, Syd. Bitch can rock!

sporksforall said...

Scout and I love us some Storm. Super hot.

greymatters said...

LOL @ Syd/Enya.

Love the list! Heart rawks/rawked. Fond memories there.