Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fight Like a Girl?

Somehow, beer.com fell off of my radar a while back. As I was reacquainting myself with the hot chicks games great links history of beer, I happened across a link for the Pillow Fight League:

Well, I guess I can't excuse my ignorance of the PFL with neglecting beer.com, since it's apparently been around since 2004. Maybe the more interesting point is that it was established in 2004 and is still an active, successful "sport". (The most recent fight was in Brooklyn on 1/19.)

The Official PFL Rules

  • Women Fighters Only. No Exceptions. [So far, so good]
  • Fights have a five minute time limit and are won via pinfall, surrender, or referee stoppage. If a fight ends at the time limit with no winner, a winner is declared by a three-judge committee. [Okay, reasonable enough]
  • Punching, leg drops, clotheslines, submission holds, and other moves are allowed as long as a pillow is used to execute the attack. [Cool!]
  • Preventing an opponents' pillow strike by holding her pillow results in a warning from the referee. Judges may choose to include these warnings as part of their judging criteria if a fight goes the distance. [Again, kinda makes sense]
  • No eye-gouging, biting, scratching, hair pulling, or low blows. [Damn. Maybe it's not 'fighting like a girl', after all. What about bitch-slaps?]
  • No rude, lewd, or suggestive behavior. [Why the hell not?]
  • Loading a pillow with a foreign object such as a brick is strictly forbidden. [I guess that would kinda change the essence of the fight...]
Hey, if you're looking for a reason to go to Ontario in March, might I suggest getting tickets for the Boom Boom Room on the 30th? If you should, take pics. Please.

.

10 comments:

Lee said...

I'd go if I were in Ontario :) and pictures aren't even a question...the SC version isn't nearly so enticing I imagine

Teresa said...

I just hate it when they pussify women's sports. Tennis pros going three sets to the men's five; basketballers patronized with a smaller ball and a shorter hoop; pillow fighters being denied the use of bricks. Stop coddling us!

SassyFemme said...

I don't know about the PFL, but I kind of liked the link off beer.com to the fake a phone call site! I think a few certain bloggers could have a hell of a lot of fun with that! :)

sporksforall said...

Pillows are really soft. I like ones with down.

I got nothing.

Trop said...

I think we should have a pillow fight competition at Sassy's.

SassyFemme said...

Trop... HA!!!

weese said...

ok wait... the party as Sassy's just turned into a pillow fight?
ok. i will come prepared.

Middle Girl said...

You can't have a decent pillow fight with the pillows of today--they're wimpy-not for fighting at all. I remember a pillow being hard enough-no bricks-to pop a serious wollop upon the head. What were they filled with, pigeon feathers?

Unknown said...

I remember when I was 10 or something like that and was in karate..one of the instructors told me that I fought like a girl (in the ring when we were sparring). I was so pissed at that comment. I AM A FREAKIN' GIRL is what I was thinking LMAO!!!!

het (aka quickfit) said...

how come we dont have entertainment like that in the UK ?
I am going for a green card !!

ciao4now