Saturday, September 02, 2006

Competition?

Me: according to this old blog entry, Laila Ali is Queen Latifah's girlfriend.

Suz: (looks at pic) Nice. Laila Ali? Isn't she the boxer?

Me: Yes.

Suz: I love Queen Latifah. Secretly I'm her girlfriend; she just doesn't know it.

I hope Queen never learns of it, as I'm pretty sure she could kick my ass.

Update:
As a result of the questions--and delightful mental images--in the comments, I decided to do a smidge of research. Seems Miss Ali has been rather adamant in her denial of any such liaison with the Queen. Now that's a pity in oh-so-many ways. The "research," however, was very much a visually pleasing task.

Not as pleasing was Queen's own denial:
It's insulting when someone asks, 'Are you gay?' A woman cannot be strong, outspoken, competent at running her own business, handle herself physically, play a very convincing role in a movie, know what she wants—and go for it—without being gay? Come on.
I mean, I agree with her in principle. Truly. I just think she'd make a mighty fine lesbian, and would hope she would acknowledge it proudly if such were the case. Ah, well. Looks like my suburban bliss is safe for now.

.

7 comments:

Middle Girl said...

Nah, you're probably safe. I have it on good authority-Queen's a punk-she went back to using her real name. She's totally lost all her street cred...(Um, but don't tell her I told you).

Maggie said...

I don't know...since she's had her tits done, you might have a fighting chance.

Suzanne said...

I don't care about her street cred or her tits.

I adore that woman!



PS: But only in the most abstract way, if you know what I mean.

KMae said...

Wow, Laila Ali???? Is this true? She is so beautiful. I've had Dana Owens onboard 3 different times. One time I THOUGHT the young, pretty (short) woman was her girlfriend. She was crying & they seemed really close. But what do I know? They went to sleep & were both fine when they landed & got off.

Boy Laila Ali & Queen Latifa. What a fabulous thought. (no offense, Suzanne!)

Syd said...

Hot, hot, hot. I think the 3 of us would make a nice Syd sandwich.

Love me some "La."

sporksforall said...

Y'all are just being narrow minded about this. Just ask Queen to move in. More fun for all! (Hypothetically, of course)

SassyFemme said...

I don't know, neither one of them do it for me. Queen seems like someone who'd be a blast to hang out with, but beyond that, nada.