Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Oops

I happened across a news article today about Isaiah Washington meeting with the Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network on Monday, after getting in trouble for calling his Grey's Anatomy castmate T. R. Knight a faggot. I imagine the whole outrage over the slur is fairly well-known by now. I don't find the fact that he met with the GLSEN particularly impressive, or even interesting.

What did catch my attention, then? Yesterday apparently marked the beginning of "No Name-Calling Week". The purpose is apparently "to help schools find ways to eliminate bullying and slurs of all kinds".

Unfortunately, I read this little tidbit scant moments after calling Terrell Owens a "sorry-ass loud-mouthed self-centered over-inflated gotta-wonder-if-he-has-a-little-dick ASSHAT" in an email to Syd.

What do you expect? No Name-Calling Week or not, that ball-dropping, coach-bashing, morale-eroding, shit-talking, "oh-I-hurt-my- finger"-whining waste of an athlete can choke on that fucking finger of his for all I care.

Obviously, with the exception of that... person... I'd totally honor National No Name-Calling Week. Um, yeah.

Perhaps I should mention that January 31st is National Gorilla Suit Day. It helps to know these things in advance, don't you agree?

Hey, speaking of slurs... it's almost time to watch Paula on American Idol. Heh.

.

12 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Forget no name calling week, just tell us how you really feel! One could argue that you can call people names in email, you just can't say it to their face. So save that visit to Terrell Owens until next week.

BTW, this thing is so well publicized I haven't heard word one about it throughout my district.

Syd said...

You are on quite a roll today, Wen. LMAO!!!

Bent Fabric said...

Your description of T.O. is dead on. What a drama queen!

Anonymous said...

Say it sistah!

Anonymous said...

See, If this guy played professional rugby, he wouldn't talk so much shit, Wen. 'Cuz in rugby, the board of governors would have suspeneded him for a season or so... just for talking shit!

Anonymous said...

see! you know terrel owens...
and out of a roomful of lesbians on the Lword, not one of them did... doesn't matter how hot your are - lesbians know football.

KMae said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

to both you
and Weese.

KMae said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAAHAHa!!1

To both you
And Weese.

Anonymous said...

Ok...the picture of the guy with his ass up his hea....er...I mean his head up his ass always freaks me out. It's just, ew. ::rid the picture from my mind, rid the picture from my mind::

I regret to inform you I don't really know who Terrell Owens is. I recall the name, I just asked Thomas and he gave me the info.

Perhaps I am not a true lesbian. Perhaps I'm a...a...a...pseudo! Noooooooo.

Anonymous said...

Gawd, only an asshat would violate the sanctity of No Name-Calling Week.

Anonymous said...

***snickering***

SassyFemme said...

You know, sometimes I really hate seing my comments. I read that and now I see it didn't come out the way I meant, at all!