Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fantasy Baseball Sucks

Or at least the players on MY fantasy baseball team do.

The evidence? 1-17, 0.059 BA, 2 BB, CS

Those are the statistics accrued by the players on my fantasy baseball team last night. For you not-so-into-statistics-or-sports-in-general, allow me translate:
ONE batter got ONE hit out of the SEVENTEEN appearances my players had at the plate. This equates to the 0.059 batting average. The two walks would be okay, except I'm in a dumbass rotisserie league that doesn't count walks. And the CS means "caught stealing." Stealing bases does count in my dumbass rotisserie league, but getting caught just don't cut the mustard.
One for seventeen? Are you kidding me? I know that in baseball being able to hit three for ten is considered a good average, but one for seventeen???? These guys are supposed to be pros, damnit. Where are the runs, the home runs, the RBIs? Where are my points???

Of course, it would be okay if one of my pitchers was responsible for the suckass hitting stats, but wait, I didn't have any pitchers last night.

I can't wait until fantasy football starts.


.

5 comments:

WenWhit said...

Perhaps I'd fare better with a six-sided die and a stamp.

Suzanne said...

So eb... were you the kind of girl who slept with her brother's friends? ;)

Suzanne said...

Oh and just for the record: my fantasy baseball teams are consistently suckier than yours.

sporksforall said...

I'm playing fantasy baseball for money for the first time this year. I'm not in last place because I drafted Carlos Delgado because I like his politics. I should stick to football. I know nothing about it. The one time I played, I read an article, drafted every guy the article told me to, and won.

(Oh and I deleted this comment and reposted because there was a typo and I'm scared of the typo post). :)

WenWhit said...

Hmmm... maybe I should check into the politics of the players in the future. Thanks for the hot tip, Sporks. :)