Friday, June 09, 2006

Of Capitalization, Punctuation, and Grammar

Sometime back, Suzanne-the-smoochable shared a doggie case note written by one of my staff. Said staff person is one of my best hires; the quality of her writing is indicative of the overall contribution she makes to our program. I am thankful to have her as an employee. In contrast, allow me to share an email received just this afternoon from an employee that thankfully does NOT report to me:

OK Folks I have completed a Job Bank Book that is now on the table with the newspapers , inside of this book are job openings separated into 14 Different Sections each tabbed. Pleaseeeeeeeee if you take book return it back to the table if you need to make copies please do so and return posting back in book. I will continue to keep these jobs also posted on the boards above the Xerox machine and the table where the newspapers are. (Black Book)

Also, I almost done with the Labor Market Book just need to get a few updated items in there it should be done within a week and this too will be on the Table (Maroon Book) The other book that I am working on and it is taking a while to complete it is a book of job applications from area businesses and stores in the area. So please see me for this book since it will be kept in my office .

I know, I know... you could make all kinds of jokes here about how you didn't realize that when I said I worked with people with disabilities, I really meant I work with people with disabilities. All I can say in response is that this staff person did not include a diagnosis on his resume.


.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'll only need one guess.

WenWhit said...

Guess? Hell, darlin, you KNOW. Insert favorite nickname here. ;p

WenWhit said...

I'm sure I don't know what you mean, Elizabeth. (Gracias, Amiga - I despise typos!)