Monday, June 19, 2006

Sharp Memory


So this past weekend, Suzanne and I hosted her mother. The weekend before that, however, we went to a Nationals game with her boss on Saturday and then to the DC Capital Pride festival on Sunday. The weather was fantastic both days, as was the socialization. Her boss and his wife are extremely nice people, as are the lezzies we hung out with on Sunday. I'm also happy to report that her boss did not catch us girl-watching this time around.

We attended both of these events in lieu of an invitation from another friend to go to the local county festival. This year, Collective Soul, Sister Hazel, Sugar Ray and .38 Special performed. One of our friends is beyond a groupie for Sister Hazel (I don't understand it either, but she's a great friend.) Like I said, we didn't go - but we have in the past.

A couple of years ago, we were there with this same friend to see Sister Hazel and Pat Benetar. Because the aforementioned friend is such a "Hazelnut", we wanted to be at the very front of the stage and therefore watched the act before Sister Hazel. Bree Sharp. Yeah, that was really her name. She appeared to be twenty-something and had great stage presence. Strong voice, decent lyrics, good sense of humor. Really, her incredibly tight abs and the way she slid her hand across her stomach when singing sexy lyrics had nothing to do with why I now possess an autographed Bree Sharp cd. Or why I ordered the subsequent cd when it was released. Or why I'm contemplating buying her third release now.

In reality, I never thought the cd lived up to the live performance - the vocals sound much more nasal on the recorded version. Despite that, I still listen to both cds periodically. Yes, her body was that hot. Pictures just don't do her justice, because they don't capture the way she moves.

Fortunately, she moves just fine in my memory.

.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Ah, but had you taken in this year's festival, your fond memories of Bree would no doubt have been totally usurped by the sexiness that is .38 Special circa 2006—or, really, just about any other year.

tiff said...

OMG - you're posting! How cool!

I'll be back, for sure....

Suzanne said...

Yes, the lovely Bree and her sexy abs had us both admiring her ... uh ... performance that night.

Need I remind you, it was moi, your devoted girlfriend, who braved the line at the signing table and asked the adorable Ms. Sharp for her autograph.

The things we do for lust... err... love.

WenWhit said...

No, darlin - I remember. As I also remember it was you who shelled out the ten bucks for the Bree Sharp t-shirt.
*smooch*

Middle Girl said...

Very fine Abs..always a good reason to drop bucks on a cd..yeah, very fine abs works for me.

Suzanne said...

Now now, eb. You know how shy I am. It was an act of bravery!

weese said...

like teens... you sound like teens smitten with pop stars.
ha!