Sunday, November 05, 2006

Out of the Closet

Today was a day of much needed organization. Each year around this time I take on the task of converting the closets and drawers to winter apparel. I decided this weekend was the time, as we had our first "freeze" and I'm ready to trust that I won't see 70 on the thermometer again until April. In the previous few weeks, we've experienced what is fairly typical early fall weather for this area: some days hovering in the 40-degree range, others climbing to near 80. One natural consequence of such capricious weather is the need for greater shoe diversity. Boots mingled with sandals in an alarming display of disarray.



Really, the knowledge that one of my place-for-everything-and- everything-in-its-place compadres (and her shoe-flinging partner) will be visiting next weekend wasn't an influencing factor at all. Heh.

.

18 comments:

Suzanne said...

Whatever the impetus, I adore your seasonal organization binges. :)

sporksforall said...

Hey now, as the shoe flinger in question, I just want to say my shoe and clothes life is remarkably organized right now. Five bags of clothes and a box of shoes to the thrift store and you might think I am an organized person, not a shoe flinger.

Still, affirmation! (Lots of heels in that pic...)

Syd said...

Look at all your girly shoes!!!

...and are those fuck-me boots I see? Killer!!

WenWhit said...

Yes, heels. Yes, girlie. Yes... boots.

Suzanne said...

Wendy loves her some girly shoes, oh yes she does. I'm more than a little partial to those fuck-me boots myself... ;)

SassyFemme said...

Love those boots... actually all the girly shoes look great! My side of the closet is currently a mess of every pair of shoes I own, and desperately in need of some serious seasonal organization.

Middle Girl said...

Them boot were made for...well, that's been covered.

Excuse me while I get my own shoes in order.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA at what Syd said.

Unknown said...

Seems to be that time of year....for getting things in order. We are such creatures of habit...it's funny in an interesting sort of way eh?? I have read so many blogs in the last few weeks about this very same topic....cleaning up inside and out!!

Unknown said...

lol...had to add this....and for some it's a getting things in order time of year...physically and mentally!

chapin said...

Shoes say a lot about a person. You have some killer shoes/boots. Mine on the other hand indicate I should be a librarian.

weese said...

hmm, quite jumbled I'd say.
Might I suggest shoe shelves on your closet floor.
We hav them...they are divine.

Anonymous said...

Did I hear someone say shoes? Just came over from my sister Boo7's blog to say hi and check out your collection. Those Oxfords with heels are kinda cool...but I think the sneakers in the middle have my name on them :-)

Teresa said...

I think it would be only decent of you to greet your guests in those boots, and little else.

WenWhit said...

Oh, weese, it's way worse than that. We have shoe racks in the closet... that photo is of the shoes that had not been returned to their proper place!

Trop said...

I see Syd beat me to the "fuck-me-boots" comment. HOT!

KMae said...

Hell, that looks NEAT to me.
Wish I could still wear heels that high, but they hurt my BALLS.
hehe.

greymatters said...

Organizational binges rawk.

I would kill for those boots. Coolness!