Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Piece of the Apple

New York City!

What can I say? I went there somewhat dreading the "big city" experience, as the little hick inside of me is somewhat intimidated by hordes of people and concepts like "mass transit." Particularly in NYC, where stories of subway crime, rude pedestrians, maniacal cab drivers, and general filth are legend. (I won't even mention how much I detest the Yankees.) So, the excitement of seeing EB and Bluebonnet (EB/BB) again, and meeting Weese and wife (WeMaw) for the first time*, was somewhat tempered by my general "big city" apprehension.

Fortunately, this-here trip was orchestrated by EB/BB. We had a plan for rendezvousing with them, and then the remainder of the weekend was left in their oh-so-capable hands. The rendezvous was accomplished without a hitch, and we were off to explore the City. Well, we were off to explore Manhattan. Manhattan, FYI to any others housing I'm-afeared-of-the-big-city inner hicks, is nice. Oh, sure, the cab drivers are a bit maniacal. And every once in a while a whiff of something not so pleasant would waft from the sewer grates. The subway is much warmer than DC's modest little mass transit system. But the people were fine, the food was excellent, and the bars were plenty. And the socialization was awesome. The eye-candy was... delicious. It seems skirts or shorts with tank tops are quite common in NYC on a hot summer evening.

So, what can I say? I might not be ready to yell, "I love New York City!", but I can say with confidence, "I heart Manhattan."


*At the time, I didn't know how excited I should've been about meeting BB's niece, Crystal. Drunken New Jersey Lesbian-Wannabes are fun, ya'll.

.

4 comments:

sporksforall said...

It's just a bitch, ain't it? Liking New York ok and then having to see all those assholes in Yankees caps?

Suzanne said...

Baby, you were the best eye candy there.

*smooch*

weese said...

I guess the big apple gets you all frisky...

Taradharma said...

i heart NYC, too! i always have the best time there - lots of friends in various burroughs: Brooklyn, Queens, Harlem, upper west and east sides. It's a much more fun city when you hang wit da locals.

And NJ lesbian wannabes? Fagettaboutit.