Thursday, July 20, 2006

Suburban Sporks

Subtitle: 'Cause I wanted to post pics, too!
For those of you who have been following the Journey of the Sporks and have expressed concern regarding their welfare given the rapid transition from Southern California to New York City, I'm happy to report the little gals seem to be settling in to their new suburban home.

Although they seemed a little shy at first, the sporks have rebounded nicely from their whirlwind weekend. Perhaps they were jet-lagged, or simply fatigued... or hungover. (Didja see that one spork trying to git into eb's cleavage?) Regardless, a little rest, hydration, and good old suburban TLC have put the sheen right back into their little titanium faces.

They appeared appreciative of the diversity present in suburban Utensiltown, but quickly gravitated to the stainless steel family of implements.


They've also demonstrated a fondness for the dogs, although I'm not sure how Dud feels about it.


They clearly enjoy watching television. They'll spend hours watching the Food Network. Thankfully, they also enjoy sports. I've made it my special mission to ensure they appreciate teams other than the Yankees. One cannot start too early ingraining Yankees hatred.


Our little sporks are quickly becoming adept at "suburban" multi-tasking, and other amusements:




















After so many hours in front of the television and the computer, I began to fear for their sweet little tines. I decided they'd adjusted well enough to assume some basic suburban responsibilities, lest a certain sporks-enthusiast begins protesting over the girls' lack of productivity.


Yes, the sporks are adjusting well. We're so proud. I may introduce them to power tools next!

.

14 comments:

sporksforall said...

Oh, I'm so proud of them. They seem to have settled in so nicely. Are they ChiSox fans? Or will you convert them to the O/Nats path of righteousness. No matter, as long as the anti-Yankee sentiment is strong.

Sniff. Sniff. They've grown up so.

Teresa said...

rotfsmtmn (rolling on the floor squirting milk through my nose)

You might have warned me not to read your blog over my morning cereal.

: )

Suzanne said...

Poor Dudley. He's a tolerant old boy, yes he is.

The sporks are living large. If the rest of the spork world gets a whiff of how good our sporks have it, we'll likely have a whole set of them banging on the door hoping to be adopted.

We'd best warn the neighbors.

Gunfighter said...

Wendy... I had decided to like you because you seem so nice... but I have a bone to pick with you.

How can you hate the New York Yankees? The Yankees are America's baseball team! I don't even like baseball, and I haven't been to Yankee stadium since I was a wee tyke, but I still love the Yankees!

Oh, and the sporks should be watching rugby. Want me to tape the New Zealand v. South Africa match for you this weekend?

Cheers,

Bill

sporksforall said...

Ok, Gunfighter, you've sullied the woman's blog, now. In modern parlance, rooting for the Yankees is like rooting for Microsoft. It's not hard, it gives you no real pleasure, and it's just arrogant. Hating the Yankees on the other hand (and winning money from doing it), now that's good times. :)

Suzanne, I do think y'all have to worry. I've heard rumblings in the sporkosphere that many many sporks would like to come to Casa-de-Wannabe-Corral.

SassyFemme said...

ROFL! You've got waaayyy too much time on your hands! :) Seriously, very creative. Love the picture of Dudley!

WenWhit said...

No, Sporks, they're free to cheer for whomever they desire as long as it's not the Yankees. (The Os and Nats both had afternoon games and so were not available for photo session. How rude!)

Speaking of photos, can you get one of Scout milk-spouting?

Gun - I thought I liked you, too, but this Yankees thing is a serious, serious flaw. My vision of you as a renaissance man has been permanently scarred; you're a sheep! Do you, while not watching football, also root for the Cowboys? *Throws down gauntlet*

WenWhit said...

It didn't take that long, Sassy. Honest. I went to bed almost on time.

You can compliment my dawg anytime!

KMae said...

That dog is PRECIOUS!!!!!

And WHO flew from LA to NYC???
Maybe I had them on my flight & DIDN'T even know it> crap!

WenWhit said...

Just the sporks, Kmae. I'm guessing they flew, since they got here so quickly. :)

Gunfighter said...

Wendy,

Me? A sheep? You wound me.

You thought I was a renaissance man? I like to think that I am, but you honor me by saying it. I thank you.

As for the Yankees, my devotion to them has nothing to do with being a follower, indeed, the Yankees were my hometown team as I was raised in northern New Jersey. Where I am from, you were either a Mets or Yankees fan, and the first baseball game I ever attended was at Yankee stadium... I was devoted from then on, even though it has been many years since I paid any attention to baseball at all.

As for the Cowboys... HA! You already know that I don't care for American football (that pale imitation of rugby), but although I don't like football, I also hate the Dallas Cowboys (I live in the DC area, too, damnit!).

For the record, I was raised as a NY Giants fan. Sue me, I'm still a local even though I left NJ for good in 1981.

Taradharma said...

a breath of wacky fresh air....bless you and your lil' sporks!

tiff said...

SO nice that they're settling in so quickly. Y'all must be very proud. LOVE the shots of them watching teevee.

And, at the risk of being banned from this here blog.....I don't mind the Yankees all that much. Shockingly, I was raised as a Mets fan, but after 15 years in CT, where you piked wither the Yankees or the Red Sox, I had to go with the Yanks, because the Sox were pathetic for most of that time.

I know, it's no excuse, and I'm sorry, but I just can't hate them. I won too much money offa dem in office pools!

tiff said...

NOT "piked wither," for God's sake!

"picked either"