Sunday, March 11, 2007

Competitions Abound

March is a fun time for my not-so-inner sports dyke. This year, I'm competing in a couple of March Madness brackets (only one for $$, damn it), a Women's Tournament Challenge (how cool is that?), and even a celebrity league and bracket (c'mon, Lohan, be the little drama queen I KNOW you are).

It's also time to get serious about preparation for the fantasy baseball leagues I'm playing. First, though, I need to make my top 5 picks for the second annual American Idol pool at work. I sucked big time last year, but I'd still take Katharine McPhee and Chris Daughtry over Taylor Hicks.

Maybe it's a good thing that the Washington Post's Beer Madness bracket is only something I can see, rather than play.

Ah, spring is in the air.

.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, you are way too energetic!

Can I borrow some?!

Suzanne said...

That's my little gambler!

weese said...

true our bracket is not a $$bracket.
i tried to talk my gamblin' wife into valuable prizes for the winner.
such as a trip to PTown, maybe a new car, possibly a puppy.

Unknown said...

I totally agree about Katherine McPhee, she is awesome. Do you like her music that's been put out since Idol? Just starting to listen to it myself. She's just a gorgeous woman.

sporksforall said...

You're going to kick my cyber-ass in so many of these things, that I'll have to console myself somehow. Maybe by entering into more games.