Sunday, March 18, 2007

For the Record

I'm well-acquainted with the mess associated with drywall work. Drywall dust gets everywhere.

I learned today there is something far, far worse, however: the black, dense, silty, kinda-like-printer-toner residue from the gaping chimney pipe where a former oil furnace once vented.

By itself, it's nasty. In a laundry room, where disconnecting the washer inevitably led to a little water on the floor, it's a nightmare. And that was before I tackled washing the walls and such.

I may very well have nightmares tonight. Nightmares of the world being overcome, one sooty black shoeprint at a time.

.

9 comments:

Syd said...

That sounds horrible! Hope you didn't breathe in too much of that shit.

WenWhit said...

We were wearing masks and goggles, for all the good it did.

SassyFemme said...

But it made for such a cute picture of you two! :)

Lee said...

I can only imagine the nasty mess that made!

Unknown said...

Wow. I hope to never have to clean that much in my lifetime EVER. I am good at tidying up a place...but the cleaning and getting dirt in my hair and under my nails...not a job for me. LMAO!

Suzanne said...

You sure clean up nice, babe.

weese said...

ooo the horror!!!

you know...at home depot you can get those disposable overalls i think. look in the paint section.

weese said...

o and the pic was adorable.

sporksforall said...

No black lung for y'all! Glad you chose masks.

I'm still jealous of the destructo-fest and casa-suburbia.